This recipe for cookies is fantastic, you can eat it for breakfast and the kids love it. Ingredients like sweet potato, coconut oil and oats give it a great nutritional profile. Hope you enjoy it.3 C Rolled Oats (gluten free if required)
1 C Almond flour/mea
l 1tbsp grated fresh ginger or 1tsp ground
2tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
1 C sweet potato (yam) puree (you can bake or microwave if short on time a sweet potato and scoop the flesh out or - cough- just buy it in a can)
1/2 C maple syrup Grade B
1/2 C melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 C raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor or high speed blender, pulse the oats until roughly chopped. In a mixing bowl combine oats with almond flour/meal, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
3. In a seperate bowl, whisk together the sweet potato, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and raisins. Fold the two mixtures together and stir until blended. Its a very thick dough.
4. Use a 1/4 C measuring cup to drop the batter onto the baking sheet. Space them 1 inch apart and lightly press down on each one to slightly flatten.
5. Bake in the center of the oven until the bottoms are a deep golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Leave to cool.